School Uniform 2017-2018
In consultation with parents and students, a school uniform has been developed that is inexpensive, easy to care for, smart and functional. The wearing of this uniform is compulsory as it is an important element in self-presentation, self-discipline and pride in the school.
- School navy blue embroidered blazer
- School navy blue V-neck jumper (optional)
- White shirt
- Grey knee length skirt or tailored grey trousers
- School tie (House colour)
- Black/natural tights or black socks
- Sensible black shoes
- Navy blue polo shirt with school logo
- Navy blue shorts with school logo
- Navy/gold football socks
- Navy tracksuit bottoms (optional)
- Gum shield (available at Student Reception)
Hair colour, facial piercings, earrings and rings
- Hair should be of a natural colour
- One small ring
- One pair of small stud or small hoop earrings (in the earlobes)
- A watch
- No other jewellery or piercing will be accepted (this includes bracelets, neck jewellery, eyebrow/tongue/facial studs or stretchers)
- All jewellery must be removed for PE
If students wish to have a piercing then it needs to be done at the start of the summer holiday, this will ensure that they are able to remove any piercing during the time they are in the school. Students will be expected to remove any facial piercings in school.
Female students at the school have the option of wearing a skirt with their uniform. It states in the school dress code that these skirts MUST be plain grey and knee length. This means that they should sit on the knee or below. Skirts made from stretchy fabric are not appropriate as they ride up during the day, and students are then no longer dressed appropriately.
The school dress code states that students should wear black low-heeled sensible shoes with their uniform. This message is to clarify that shoes should be formal, and that trainers, canvas plimsolls and shoes with logos on are not appropriate.
This is applicable to both male and female students.