The school was inspected by OFSTED on 25th and 26th February 2020. The report is available here and on the OFSTED website.
The OFSTED inspection was very thorough and the school was inspected on the new more rigorous inspection framework. Bridgemary School was rated ‘requires improvement’ with some very positive areas:
• The school has improved over the last year.
• Leaders are determined that ‘learners in Gosport deserveand can achieve the very best’.
• They are improving the range of subjects that pupils can study.
• Pupils show tolerance and respect towards one another.
• The Executive Headteacher has a clear picture of what needs to improve. She knows the challenges that need to be overcome. She has prioritised improving the quality of education on offer.
• Teaching is better than it was in the past and so, in turn, is pupils’ learning.
Areas for development that OFSTED have given us:
• Make sure that the schemes of work in the school ensure that pupils learning is checked constantly so that pupils can remember what is taught.
• Ensure that all staff have subject specific knowledge and skills.
• Ensure that subject leaders know how to develop the curriculum (these are new from the government this year). This has improved this year.
Click the link here to compare our school to others