2017 Year 11 GCSE Results
Fantastic results for our Year 11 Students!
With all the changes in the GCSE’s this year it has been a difficult time for our Year 11’s but all of their hard work and perseverance had paid dividends, with Bridgemary receiving some of the best results in the last few years.
Sophie Hindle was bursting with pride after collecting a very impressive set of GCSE results including a Grade 9 in English Literature, A in History, 4B’s in Science and Dance, Grade 6’s in Maths and English Literature, a Distinction in ECDL and a C in Spanish.
Layla Payne, who wants to pursue a career in the RAF was also delighted with her results. She achieved a Grade 8 in English Language, Grade 9 in English Literature, Grade 7 in Maths, 4 A’s in Science and History and Distinction* in both BTEC Sport and ECDL. Both girls had worked incredibly hard to secure these outstanding results and they should be extremely proud of themselves.
We are very proud of all the Year 11’s that left us this Summer and we wish them well in their new ventures and challenges.
A guide to the new grading system can be found here
Headline figures for 2017
- 42% of students achieved at least a Grade 4 in both English and Maths (A ‘Standard’ Pass)
- 22% of students achieved at least a Grade 5 in both English and Maths (A ‘Strong’ Pass)
- 52% of students achieved at least a Grade 4 in English Language
- 51% of students achieved at least a Grade 4 in English Literature
- 53% of students achieved at least a Grade 4 in Mathematics